Sunday, October 27, 2002

Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show.

-- Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

And with that quote, thus begins the pages of A Nasty Bit of Business. My intention here is to gather together resources and tools for my own use, and for the use of others interested in pursuing their own business. This shall be a loosely held joint venture; one in which I invite others to take part.

While the focus of these pages will be upon business, I must hasten to add that success isn't measured by the thickness of one's wallet, or the count of currency one has locked away in a bank vault.

Personal achievement, success, and growth are all relative terms. There will likely always be ones richer than you. Many will possess more power and hold more sway in the community. Happiness comes from doing the best that you can, and from being able to provide for, and hold close those whose friendship and love you value.