Wednesday, May 07, 2003

One of the promises that I made myself when I restarted this blog was that I was going to allow my words to fill the screen. I was going to become expansive. Self-imposed limitations and attempts to censor and edit as I went wouldn't prevent me from indulging in stream of conciousness type posts.

So far so good. It's not easy to write something everyday. It's not easy to let go of expectations that are extremely high. My best writing comes with pages and pages of filled sheets of legal pads condensed down to a fraction of their original size. I'm used to throwing out twenty words to keep one good one.

That can be a bit wasteful, and time consuming, but I've always been pleased by the results. But it doesn't hurt to strive and try, and see if you can get better, and I'm using this blog as the vehicle by which I will arrive at a more economical use of words.

No comments: